Saturday, May 23, 2009

Euro-Trip



After months of geeking-out hardcore with Sarah, it is finally time for us to take our awesomeness to Europe.
We start out in Steinback, Germany then we hit Venice, Florence and a town called Cinque Terre, back to Germany, then its the Alsace town of Strousbourg, Paris and Amsterdam, back to Germany, then we collapse on a plane that will take us home.
While I am SUPER excited about traveling, the thing I am really pumped about is the food. I'm looking forward to Beer with Lemonade in Germany, Lardo (an Italian specialty, akin to pate) in Italy, and I think almost anything in Paris will be tasty.
Thus far, we have spent $415 on airfare, $500 on a Eurorail, and roughly $400 on hostels. So, it's looking to be about $1,315 for everything. According to many of my friends who have been to Europe, this is excellent. Normally a just a plane ticket would set you back $1,200 but in todays economy... lets just say I think the airlines made a mad grab for passengers and got Sarah and I!

So, wish me bon chance with my travels. In the meantime, here are some random pictures to entice you to check my blog often!

The first is a 12th Century Eastern Orthodox church outside of Moscow. The second is St. Basil's in Moscow's Red Square, and then are some random snapshots of Yosemite... because I have lots of those.

No comments: