Tuesday, May 26, 2009

some photo explaination

So here I am in Germany! This is how green Germany is, what downtown Gissen looks like, me and Sarah in front of the Gissen "Dirt Eater" statue (more on that later!), me with Hidran (Sarah's former host mom and nice German lady who showed us around), me eating what LOOKS like pasta but is ACTUALLY ICE CREAM... Germany is amazing, me drinking two beers but they are NOT two beers- one is beer lemonade (tasty!) and the other is the thing Europe should be famous for... BANANA BEER!!!!! SOOOO GOOOD! Also, the family that is letting us crash with them.

Germany is a wonderful place. In one day I was in a Castle, had ice cream that looked like pasta, beer with bananas in it, schnitzel, warm sauerkraut (no really, its great I promise!), went on the Autobaun, saw an 11th Century monastery, was a stones throw away from where my Goedert side of the family lived post-WWII, spoke some bad German to a waitress and some bad French to some others, ... did I mention I had not one, but TWO banana beers? And this was all within six hours of landing. Tomorrow at 5am we get on a train for Venice. I probably won't post untill I get back to Germany but feel free to email me with crap you would like me to bring you back from Italy/Germany/France/Amsterdam... I'll do my best with the Euro at $1.51 against the dollar.

No comments: