Sunday, June 14, 2009

Paris pictures



Paris!!! We got to Paris on the first Sunday of June. This meant that all the museums were free! So the first thing we did was head to the Louvre.


The Venus de Milo. Does not disappoint! It's no David but its pretty cool.


The Code of Hammurabi! The first laws... ever. Neal I took this picture for you!




The biggest let-down of the Louvre. You heard me. I was unimpressed.


Now THIS! I don't know what this is, but THIS is ART!


Me, looking awkward surrounded by so much tacky opulence. These are the Napoleon Apartments inside the Louvre.



If you look at this and think "Hey, this is nice!", you have bad taste. Sorry.


Oh, Hello Paris!



The front of the Louvre.





Inside of the famed Notre Dame in Paris. I really do think that the Strausbourg Notre Dame was more impressive.


The front of the Notre Dame.


La la la la, hanging out on a bridge in Paris.


The most iconic thing in an iconic city.

Not a great picture of me but I'll take it. It was cold and bright all at the same time and this place was mobbed with tourists and tour groups and beggars so we wanted to get our pictures and get out!


Me, in front of a fancy fountain!


A 3,300 year old PINK obelisk given to Emperor Charlemagne.


The Champs-Elysees, is alright with me!



From the "Nekayah with black jacket and scarf" series: Nekayah in front of the Arc de Triomphe.



Rodin's The Thinker, in the Rodin sculpture garden.




The above pictures are all in the Rodin sculpture garden. It was totally worth the 6 euros!


The Rodin museum and surrounding garden.


LET-DOWN!


The Paris Catacombs. There is only one picture of me in them, as Sarah was freaked out and ditched me. Yes. Ditched me in an underground cave full of macabre bones.


I have more random Paris pics I will post when this adventure is over. As is, I'm really tired so... I'm out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nekayah! You happened to be in Paris on the same day that my sister and her family was in Paris! Free museum day. They arrived late but dragged themselves out to get the best bang for their euro!

So happy to see that you have had a wonderful time!! You can tell me all about it over lunch when you return.