Thursday, June 11, 2009

We made it!

So I'm in Amsterdam! We just got done with two days in the Alsace and four days in Paris, now we are heading out the door to explore Amsterdam for a bit. I will post pics and things when I get back to Germany. There are LOTS of Americans here... it's like frat-boy mecca. I kinda miss France where no one spoke English for fear of reprisal. Oh, btw, French people are SUPER nice, French people in Paris are EVEN NICER. It was a great treat. I was freaking out over how snotty and rude everyone would be, but seriously... SO nice! More on that later. I'm off to wander the streets, take pictures and cough at the smell of pot in the air.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

be sure to check out grey area in nieuwe zijd, so awesome but the products are better for "take away" than "dine in." also a huge fan of kadinsky near spui (pronounced spow, not sure about spelling). one of the best restaurants i've ever eaten at, envy, is on prinsengracht or herengracht and is a must-try!!