Friday, June 19, 2009

Wrapping up Europe

Some random, yet memorable, things that happened on the trip that didn't warrent their own blog post, but are worth re-telling.

We saw a Vampire on the Paris metro! I tried to take a picture but it didn't go well... seeing as how he's a Vampire and all.

I got Stigmata. It happens... to me... when I touch church doors. Not joking. It was there all day.

The very nice German family we stayed with had to buy me my own Banana Beer glass to take home with me.

Sarah can't pour a Beer to save her frakking life.

I can't work a shower to save my frakking life, wound up panicking and jumping in with my underwear still on.

I tried to get a hold of one of the hostels in Italy. I instead, accidently called the phone company. The dude was speaking some fast and fancy Italian so I handed the phone off to Sarah... who thought she was talking to the hostel. Then I took a step back and enjoyed the mayham.

Belgium is the worst place on the planet.... who knew, right?

I bought so many scarves, I had to buy a scarf rack. It's acually a derralict wine rack but, whateve's.

Sarah can get sunburned, even when there is no sun.

Sarah got mistaken for German everywhere we went. A French chef even yelled at her in German! Way to go Sarah!

SPEAK FRENCH WHEN YOU GO TO FRANCE!!! You will have a better time.

Germany is the best country in the world. The people are friendly and educated, the trains are clean and on time, and the beer and the bread and the schnitzel simply cannot be beat.

Paris (tied with New York) is the best, most user-friendly and beautiful city in the world.

While Germany is the best country, if I had to pick a country to expatriate to, it would most assuradly be France. There's something about the French that just really, really appeales to me. Their haughtyness? Their supiriority complex? The fact that they can compliment you AND deliver a cutting insult all at the same time? Because that is a gift my friend, I can get behind that!


So in summation: Sarah asked me for my final thought on our trip. I said now that I had been, I never needed to go back. This is not quite what I meant. I just meant that next time I go, I will be able to pick and choose what I want to do and not have to aim for all the touristy stuff. That means that Venice and Florence are OUT. Paris is still in but only if I have time. I think my new list will involve some off-the-wall places like Innsbrook, Austria, the Brittany region of France (did you know they're Celtic?), Provonce, France, Switzerland and the Northern parts of Italy.

In the meantime though... I have to dive headfirst into the real world and start my job. Boo. Everybody think European thoughts and perhaps I'll get there faster.

No comments: